REGISTERING in 2021 is ONLINE using COMET
Registration to play football in New Zealand is via MyCOMET. Details on how to register using MyComet are below, but if you have any questions please email us or come to our registration day (watch the Red Sox Facebook page for details)
1. You will already have a username and password for MyComet from 2020. If you have these (or have forgotten them) click on the register now button below and follow the instructions on MyComet
2. Once you have logged in click “Register Players” from the left hand pane, then select "Football".
3. This will take you to the Comet items screen – on choose seller type "red sox" and then select Red Sox JFC
4. Click on the arrow next to the appropriate registration for your child; First Kicks for birth years 2015 and later, Fun Football for 2013/14, Mini Football for 2009-2012, Youth Football for 2008 and earlier.
5. Once done, select Add to Cart on the top right. Click on the cart (top right) which should have 1 item in it.
6. Click on Proceed to check out, tick the agreements box and select "Pay Later" at the bottom of the screen. (payment via Comet is not possible and there will be no admin fee). Actual payment details can be found below.
6. You can also update your personal details and change your password within your MyComet profile.
Players transferring from other clubs:
Follow the instructions as for returning players.
You will need to notify your most recent previous club that you will be joining a new club.
To register with any club you first need to register with MyComet.
Click on this link "new players" and then click on - "Sign up" at the bottom of the login box. This will enable you to create a profile within the NZ Football MyComet database with your child’s name and details.
Once you have set up your account, you will be sent a verification email.
Once logged in follow the instructions as above for returning players.
Note: each player has a separate profile, so if you are registering for more than one child, or family member, you will need to do each one separately under their own profile.
Fees and Payment
First Kicks (turning 4-6 years old in 2021) - $30
All other ages - $70
Fees can be paid by internet banking, by sending a cheque to Riverside Redsox JFC, PO Box 6073, Palmerston North or by cash if arranged.
Bank account details for online payment:
Account name: Riverside Redsox Junior Soccer
Account number: 03-0728-0429432-00
Please use your child's name as reference.
You will be provided with a Red Sox kit top and jacket for use during the season.
Shin pads and appropriate footwear are required at all times for all age groups.
Each child will require their own navy blue shorts and red football socks. The socks can be purchased at the time of registration at a reduced cost. There are limited numbers of the branded, subsidised socks so these are available on a first come, first served basis. The shorts, additional unbranded socks and various other bits of cool club merchandise are available by clicking the Lotto link directly below.
Please like us on Facebook to keep up to date